DOOMSDAY DATESETTERS 2012
Part 1: APOCALYPSE, PLANETARY BIRTH OR DECEPTION?
Part 2: THE NEW AGE AND 2012: A PLANETARY BIRTH
AFTERWORD by Dr. Martin Erdmann
PLANETARY BIRTH OR DECEPTION?
Not since Y2K has there been such a global frenzy over predicted massive and universal doom. This time, the fever pitch is considerably higher due to the number of ancient and modern prophecies, prophets, and phenomena guiding the way—all pointing to the year 2012. (See previous post.)
Most of these dire forecasts come from occult, pagan, astrological, astronomical, and extra-biblical sources, such as the I Ching (Chinese book of divination), the ancient Cherokee Rattlesnake Prophecies, the 2012 Solar Maximum, the Zohar, Nostradamus, UFO crop circles, and even Pierre Teilhard de Chardin’s Noosphere (earth’s new evolutionary cycle). By far, the most popular comes from the ancient Maya who base their predictions on an astronomical event tying the precise day that the earth and sun align with the center of the Milky Way galaxy, to the day their long calendar ends: December 21, 2012.
Sadly, a few professing Christians have piggy-backed their own predictions on to some of these myths and hysterias, when they should have clung to the Bible alone—especially in light of a doubly exposed, date-setting false prophet named Harold Camping.
–1 Tim.1:4-5 [emphasis mine]
TOM HORN: THE MAN, HIS MYTHS—AND THE YEAR 2012
Tom Horn is a noted author, publisher, and radio host—and is a former Assemblies of God pastor/deliverance minister and one-time Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN) television host. Horn is also a self-professed “UFOlogist” who displays an inordinate fascination with mythical, extraterrestrial, as well as demonic entities—themes which comprise the bulk of his many books, articles, and audio/visual presentations. Since he cannot find sole Scriptural support for most of his ideas, he relies heavily upon Apocryphal, Pseudepigraphal, Mythological, UFOlogical, and even occultic sources. Here is how his book Nephilim Stargates: The Year 2012 and the Return of the Watchers begins (note also the themes carried in the book’s title):
Something alarming has been happening since the dawn of time, which has been recorded in the history, holy books, and mythos of every great civilization. Ancient rabbinical authorities including Septuagint translators and early church fathers understood it. Sumerians, Assyrians, Egyptians, Greeks, the Hindus, the America Indians, and virtually all other civilizations throughout history believed it. Beings of super intelligence sometimes referred to as “gods” have since time immemorial descended through openings of sky, earth, and sea to interact with this planet’s creatures. The behavior of these “unknowns” is recurrent and seems to revolve around the need to harvest or manipulate molecular matter, especially human and animal. The unknowns appear to come to us from nearby planets and/or dimensions and may actually be represented by the Watchers of Apocryphal texts. [emphasis mine]
These intelligent “gods,” “unknowns,” and “Watchers” (a term taken from the apocryphal Book of Enoch), who have come through these invisible, multi-dimensional heavenly “gates” through the centuries, Horn says, invaded the earth just before the great Deluge:
According to the Bible: “When mankind had spread all over the world, and girls were being born, some of the supernatural beings saw that these girls were beautiful, so they took the ones they liked…. In those days, and even later, there were giants [Nephilim] on the earth who were descendants of human women and the supernatural beings.” (Today’s English Version, Gen. 6.4) [emphasis mine] 
Horn adds, “Regardless of one’s interpretation of this particular verse, thousands of years ago heavenly beings visited the earth. They engaged in experiments resulting in a race of mutant offspring called Nephilim.”[italics mine] Citing Christ’s prophecy in Matthew 24, Horn asks, “Are current “UFO” visitors, and resultant abductions and experiments, the same as those of Noah’s day?”
Is this what the biblical text actually says? Contrary to Horn, it does matter how one interprets Genesis 6. Without considering any outside (extra-biblical) sources, and paying strict attention to the context and the plain meaning of this Scripture, let’s look at this passage more closely from The Complete Word Study Old Testament (KJV), verses 1-13:
1And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, 2that the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. 3And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be a hundred and twenty years. 4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bore children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. 5And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually…7And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth…8But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD....9These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God….11The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. 12And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth. And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth. [emphasis mine]
Before we determine who the “sons of God” and the “giants” might refer to or what they actually did, let’s look first at the context of this passage denoted by the words in bold and italics. MANKIND was populating the earth; men and women getting married and having children. But something happened that displeased the LORD. Mankind—“all flesh”—was wicked and evil. They began to fill the earth with violence and moral corruption. But there were a few notable exceptions. God said that Noah “was a just man and perfect in his generations.” He “walked with God" (like Enoch in Gen. 5:22). It is very clear from the text that God drew a sharp contrast between those who lived corruptly and those who lived uprightly; the ungodly and the godly.
Verse 4 says that “giants” were on the earth during this time, “mighty men,” “men of renown.” According to The Complete Word Study OT Lexical Aid, the word “giant” comes from the Septuagint rendering of the Hebrew nephilim (n. naphal), meaning “a bully, a tyrant, a giant.” In this context, these “giants” (mighty men/men of renown) appear to be men who had become notoriously corrupt and violent—men known for their wickedness (could we say “big bullies”?). These evil “tyrants” further populated the earth with their corruption (sin)—and led many others to do likewise. By the way, the word “corruption” used three times (verses 11-12) means literally, “to corrupt morally,” not genetically, as Horn purports here and elsewhere.
Could it be that the thing that displeased the LORD so, was that men who once walked uprightly (“sons of God”) were so affected by these wicked “mighty men of renown” that they too became corrupt and helped to fill the earth with violence, prompting the Creator to destroy what He had made by the great Flood? Romans 8:24 says, “For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God.” Jesus also contradicts the notion that the “sons of God” is referring to fallen angels who married women that bore dual-natured children. Matthew 22:30 says, “For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven,” yet Gen. 6:2 says that the “sons of God took wives.”
Isn’t the issue of sin the ongoing plight of mankind (all flesh) from Genesis to Revelation? Isn’t this why Christ came and died upon the Cross—to rescue sinful mankind from the stain of sin and death? Isn’t this what Jesus Christ meant in His end-time prophecy regarding Noah’s day? Repent of your sin and believe the Gospel to avoid judgment? There is no question that Genesis 6 is a difficult passage to interpret—because there are no other Scriptures that directly illumine or explain it further. Therefore, this passage CANNOT be used to formulate doctrine on its own. There is no CLEAR mention in all of Scripture that fallen angels mated with human women and bore hybrid beings, a teaching Horn advocates.
Horn bases his extensive use of the Book of Enoch on Jude 14-15, but the biblical text merely says that “Enoch prophesied….” It does not directly cite or license any Apocryphal writings, which were not accepted into the completed biblical Canon for good cause. (Incidentally, whatever iniquities the sinful, evil angels of Jude 6-7 committed, God assures us that “He has kept [them] in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day.” They are NOT on the loose to do it again in the future.)
Contradicting his own reliance of this text—and again by using prophecies found in the Book of Enoch and secular dating of the Flood—Horn can be heard on a YouTube video predicting that the “Watchers” ("parents" of the Nephilim) would be released from their subterranean prison in 2008. Apparently some of these nasty creatures have escaped God’s “eternal” punishment. If Horn’s calculations were correct (since it is now 2011), then where are they (perhaps, like Camping, he simply "miscalculated")?
So, does it matter how we interpret the Bible? What is wrong with believing that fallen angels ("Watchers") mated with humans to produce of hybrid race of creatures ("Nephilim") that are part angel (god?) and part mortal? Might they be called demigods? One critic of these teachings has said that this scenario is a “scheme to downplay the importance of the incarnation…it takes away from Christ’s uniqueness, virgin birth, atonement.” Mockers can then say, “What’s the big deal with Christ being God and man [the God/Man]—so are the Nephilim?” This also subtly overshadows man’s sin toward his Creator, thus diminishing the Gospel.
Further building on Genesis 6—and his “Watchers” theme, (which is the central thrust of his many projects), Horn cites dozens of extra-biblical sources (including occult, pagan, and even his own fictional novel, The Ahriman Gate) to arrive at a sensational conclusion on page 131 of Nephilim Stargates:
The use of “vital energy” by ultraterrestrials to form dimensional gateways—whether by manipulating animal, plant, or atmospheric molecular energy—brings interesting questions to the biblical story of Genesis, where some believe superintelligent angels known as “Watchers” descended to earth and used antediluvian cell matter, including women, animals, and plants to construct for themselves “portals,” through which they extended themselves into the material world, bringing with them physical and psychotronic warfare. Note the implication behind this activity in Genesis, “the benei Elohim saw the daughters of Adam, that they were fit extensions” (Interlinear Hebrew Bible, Gen. 6.2). “Fit extensions” could be understood to mean portals (stargates) or the use of molecular energy to format navigational dimensional pathways. Current advances by modern scientists to blend DNA of various species using biotechnology (such as transgenics to genetically modify crops, create mice with human brains, goats with human blood, and animal-human hybrids for medical research) raise a host of prophetic possibilities and questions in light of Genesis 6:
Again, relying on his own interpretation of Genesis 6 (and the Book of Enoch), Horn runs with this theme in his latest book, Forbidden Gates, taking the issue of so-called GRIN technologies (genetics, robotics, artificial intelligence, and nanotechnology) to new heights—with a disturbing call-to-action:
The need to parse information is changing so rapidly that we expect to hit the knee of the techno-info curve sometime around the year 2012, followed by Singularity and critical mass. As a result, the authors of this book have teamed with a group of ministries and intellectuals and are currently organizing a new national conference, the World Congress on Emerging Threats and Challenges (tentative conference title), the first of which is to be held the third week of July 2011 in Branson, Missouri. [emphasis mine]
What is this “techno-info curve” leading up to “Singularity” and “critical mass”? If it’s going to take place “around the year 2012,” then the reader should prepare quickly, right? Here is how Mind Science News defines “Singularity,” while promoting Ray Kurzweil’s 652-page book, The Singularity is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology, written in 2005:
Singularity refers to a theoretical point in the future when the current rate of exponential technological growth takes on a completely vertical growth rate. Evolution and technological progress would basically move infinitely upwards, in virtually no time. Some might actually label that “The end of time”…. [emphasis mine]
If this sounds alarming, then consider how New Ager Barbara Marx Hubbard similarly defines “critical mass”:
The alternative to Armageddon is the Planetary Pentecost. When a critical mass is in the upper room of consciousness on a planetary scale, each will hear from within, in their own language, the mighty words of God. All who are attuned will be radically empowered to be and do as Jesus did. (The Revelation, p. 157) [emphasis mine]
In other words—based on his sensational assumptions—Horn believes that something very threatening is going to happen very quickly. Is Horn serious, mistaken about these terms, or simply over-stating his cause? The evidence suggests that Horn is dead serious. So serious that he has scheduled a national conference in July, “Future Congress 2011,” in Branson, MO.
To sound the alarm in the public square, Horn posted an open letter on his Raiders News Update website on September 14, 2010, entitled: “Open Letter to Christian Leaders on Biotechnology and the Future of Man.” Note his tone and urgency in the Foreword to this letter:
In recent years, astonishing technological developments have pushed the frontiers of humanity toward far-reaching morphological transformation that promises in the very near future to redefine what it means to be human. An international, intellectual, and fast-growing cultural movement known as transhumanism, whose vision is supported by a growing list of U.S. military advisors, bioethicists, law professors, and academics, intends the use of biotechnology, genetic engineering, nanotechnology, cybernetics, and artificial intelligence as tools that will radically redesign our minds, our memories, our physiology, our offspring, and even perhaps—as Joel Garreau, in his bestselling book Radical Evolution, claims—our very souls. The technological, cultural and metaphysical shift now underway unapologetically forecasts a future dominated by this new species of unrecognizably superior humans…. The issues raised by human-transforming science must be addressed by Christian leaders in a serious national conversation. To fail in this responsibility may lead to the question “what does it mean to be human” being abdicated to a frightening transhuman vision. [emphasis/italics mine]
Here, as well as in Forbidden Gates, Horn piggybacks his “Watcher-Nephilim” theory onto the transhumanism movement. Here is how Herescope defined “transhumanism” in a 2006 article series on the “New Breed”:
This… series… would not be complete without an examination of the rising science of biotechnology known as "transhumanism." This high-tech, bio-tech concept is working to create a physical "new breed" of man. There is a mystical component to it that comes from Hermeticism and Theosophy. This represents the ultimate mixture of science and religion.
The same Herescope post featured an article by Christian professor, author, and international expert on the ethical implications of nanotechnology, Dr. Martin Erdmann, entitled: “Creatures in Pursuit of Autonomous Perfection.” Here is how he defined “transhumanism”:
Transhumanism takes human enhancement further, in morphing the vision of perfect man into a human-machine complex properly called “posthuman”…. The actual work of transhumanism involves technologies such as brain-computer interfaces, neuropharmacology, and perhaps most notably, nanotechnology. Nanotechnology is a molecular science, whose other pursuits range from alternative energy to cancer cures.... Yet rather than confining itself to “simple” goals of healing cancer or even restoring sight, transhumanism posits that men are in an early stage of evolution, and pushes to enhance fundamentally humanity through nanotechnology and other sciences.... Despite transhumanist rejection of supernatural force, its philosophy mirrors mysticism…. 
At the end of his open letter, Horn gave an invitation “to pastors and Christian leaders to be considered as a signatory of the Christian Manifesto on GRIN Technology and Human Dignity planned for discussion at the World Congress on Emerging Threats and Challenges….”[link added]
These things are connected to his beliefs regarding Enoch’s “Watchers.” Gaining support once again from the Book of Enoch, 2 Esdras, Jasher, etc., Horn further embellishes his teaching—and the biblical record—in Nephilim Stargates:
Equally important are the two-fold parts of the Genesis story: 1) Mature women were used (changed/altered?) to become fit extensions or acceptable hosts for the Watchers. Is this what was happening in Genesis 10 concerning Nimrod when “…he began [khaw-lal (a word study here is enlightening as the verb indicates the “beginning” of profaning oneself either sexually or ritually—exactly what some scholars believe the Watchers did to humans and animals in the lead up to Nephilim)] to be [become] a mighty [Gibbowr (of which we derive Gibborim/Nephilim)] one in the earth”? This text could read, “Nimrod began to become a Nephilim” or “a child of the Nephilim.” Is this a record of a mature human agreeing to be altered at the genetic level? 2) The offspring of this genetic alteration was “resurrected” dead Nephilim. Note the rendering, “…afterward [after the flood] when the benei Elohim came in to the daughters of Adam, and they bore to them—they [the newly born Nephilim] were Powerful Ones which existed from ancient times [pre-existed or were alive one before the flood], the men of name” (Interlinear Hebrew Bible, Gen. 6.4). [bold emphasis added]
Is this what the Bible actually teaches? Genesis 10:8-9 says, “And Cush begot Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth. He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD.” First of all, Nimrod descended from Cush (who descended from Noah); both earthly men. The Hebrew/Chaldee Dictionary says that the term “mighty one” derives from the word “gibbor” which means, “powerful, (by impl.) a warrior, tyrant:--champion, chief…giant, man, mighty (man, one), strong (man), valiant man....” Note how many times the word “man” is used here. Clearly, Nimrod was a mighty man who hunted earthly prey (v. 9).
Nevertheless, Horn teaches that Nimrod became a Nephilim through genetic alteration with fallen angels (Watchers). This extra-biblical teaching becomes foundational for assertions Horn makes in Apollyon Rising 2012, that Nimrod, who became a Nephilim, is also the mythological god Apollo (Apollyon/Osiris/Horus)—who (spoiler alert) is resurrected through genetic engineering—and returns as the Antichrist in 2012 (hence the name of the book)! Remember that this book is not fiction. Horn cites the Bible to support his outlandish claim about Apollo:
In the New Testament, the identity of the god Apollo… will inhabit the political leader of the end-times New World Order. According to a key prophecy in the book of 2 Thessalonians, the Antichrist will be the progeny or incarnation of the ancient spirit, Apollo. Second Thessalonians 2:3 warns: “Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition [Apoleia, Apollyon, Apollo].” [Italics in original; bold mine]
This is a key prophecy? The word “perdition” (Gk., apoleia) simply means “damnable” or “destruction.” While Nimrod may foreshadow the future Antichrist, the Scripture does not support Horn’s speculations.
TOM HORN AND DOUG WOODWARD
So where is Tom Horn ultimately luring his readers and collaborators? S. Douglas Woodward, author of Decoding Doomsday: The 2012 Prophecies, the Apocalypse, and the Perilous Days Ahead, quotes extensively from Horn’s Apollyon Rising 2012. Woodward’s book was not only endorsed by Horn on the inside cover, but published by him as well. Rabbi Daniel Lapin wrote the Foreword. (Horn also carries this book on one of his many websites). Woodward provides a detailed examination of Horn’s deductions about America:
…Tom Horn argues in his book, Apollyon Rising 2012, that the real lost symbol of Masonry is the vital connection of Osiris and Isis (Apollo and Venus/Virgo), epitomized in these structures [the Washington Monument/dome of the U.S. Capitol]…. The myth of Osiris [Apollo/Nimrod] is a story of resurrection. This legend discloses the most essential meaning to the symbols on the Great Seal of the United States…. The impetus for American leadership has shifted; it’s now in the hands of those who believe and promote the Secret Doctrine—from Bacon to Bush (41 and 43)—that drive America’s taking charge—inaugurating the New Order of the Ages. This new order may very well catalyze the transformation of human consciousness predicted by the Maya and promoted by Novelty Theory, Hermeticism, Illuminism, Ufology, Esotericism and the New Age Movement. However, it’s the vital connection with classical pagan mythology that shine the brightest light revealing “The Plan” and the personage responsible for its implementation. [italics in original]
The Scripture is totally SILENT here. This is extra-biblical. These ideas admittedly came from “Freemasonry, Novelty Theory, Hermeticism, Illuminism, Ufology, Esotericism, and the New Age”—as well as “classical pagan mythology”! Quoting Horn, Woodward asserts that the coming Antichrist is not only going to be a resurrected “Apollo [Osiris/Nimrod],” but a “Masonic Messiah” from America! He writes, “…let’s consider Tom Horn’s worthy analysis. To break the code, apparently, we must return to The Great Seal—the “Trestle-Board” for the Great Work…” Horn couples the Great Seal’s date of 1776 with the end date of the Mayan calendar to arrive at the year 2012, the beginning of the Tribulation period. Riding on the doomsday date set by others, and cinching Horn’s deductions, Woodward continues describing their occult sources:
Horn’s attempts to strengthen his assertion that the Masonic Messiah debuts during this 2012-2016 period, through an elaborate analysis of the Freemasons’ 1st Degree Tracing Board, (which is different than a trestle board...). Horn contends that the astronomical positions of the sun, moon, and the Pleiades… are as they will be in December 21, 2012. At the Winter Solstice, the sun at its Zenith will be directly in front of the seven (visible) stars of the Pleiades…. [bold added, italics in original]
Are occult sources to be trusted (John 8:44)? Can ANY of this be substantiated from Scripture alone? At what point does this become false prophecy? One Christian researcher has published an in depth, online critique which cites “numerous errors, miscalculations, incorrect quotes and false Bible interpretations” that Horn makes in Apollyon Rising 2012, not already mentioned here (see endnote 43). This is a serious matter for those who read and heed Horn’s fables.
Woodward will be a featured speaker at Future Congress 2011.
TOM HORN AND CHUCK MISSLER
Another man closely associated with Horn and sympathetic to his mythologies is Chuck Missler, noted author, lecturer, and Bible teacher. One example (a Missler lecture) can be seen in a 6-part YouTube video entitled, “Ancient Alien Nephilim, Giants, Mutants, Genetic Engineering, and Hybrids.” Missler also appeared on Horn’s RNN program, “Official Disclosure, Prepare for Contact,” in 2010 to discuss the threat of imminent encounters with UFOs/aliens. For further proof, Missler’s book, Alien Encounters, the DVD of The Return of the Nephilim, and the DVD of the Alien Encounters Conference (that took place on the 50th anniversary of the Roswell, NM UFO incident), are available at www.alienencounters.com. (By the way, Tom Horn spoke at Roswell's 2007 UFO conference.) Missler’s endorsement of Apollyon Rising 2012 appears on a sidebar of one of Horn’s websites, “I’ve been reading your new book, Tom, and I am recommending Apollyon Rising 2012 as a must read for every believer—Dr. Chuck Missler, CEO Koinonia House.”
Chuck Missler also promotes other unbiblical ideas more akin to Eastern mysticism than to orthodox Christianity. Consider this material excerpted from a book Missler wrote entitled, Cosmic Codes – Hidden Messages From the Edge of Eternity, Chapter 23:
Quantum Teleporting, Part 2: Our Holographic Universe
There seems to be evidence to suggest that our world and everything in it are only ghostly images, projections from a level of reality so beyond our own that the real reality is literally beyond both space and time. The main architect of this astonishing idea includes one of the world’s most eminent thinkers: University of London physicist David Bohm, a protégé of Einstein’s and one of the world’s most respected quantum physicists…. One of Bohm’s most startling suggestions is that the tangible reality of our everyday lives is really kind of an illusion, like a holographic image…. Bohm calls this deeper level of reality the implicate (“enfolded”) order and he refers to our level of existence the explicate (unfolded) order. [emphasis/italics mine]
Compare Missler’s teaching with a passage found in Marilyn Ferguson’s The Aquarian Conspiracy, a book called the “New Age bible” by some:
…[Karl] Pribram mused that the answer might lie in the realm of gestalt psychology, a theory that maintains that what we perceive “out there” is the same as—isomorphic with—brain processes. Suddenly he blurted out, “maybe the world is a hologram!” …Were the members of the audience holograms? ...Soon afterward, he spent a week with his son, a physicist, discussing his idea and searching for possible answers in physics. His son mentioned that David Bohm, a protégé of Einstein’s, had been thinking along the same lines…, Pribram read copies of Bohm’s key papers urging a new order in physics. Bohm was describing a holographic universe. What appears to be a stable, tangible, visible, audible world, said Bohm, is an illusion…. What we normally see is the explicate, or unfolded order of things, rather like watching a movie. But there is an underlying order that is father to this second-generation reality. He called the other order implicate, or enfolded. [italics in original, bold mine]
In discussing occult author Lola Davis, Christian researcher Constance Cumbey, author of A Planned Deception, connected the “Holography Theory of the Universe” to the New World Religion:
In 1980 she wrote her first book to date called Toward a World Religion for the New Age. The book was successful in New Age circles. Lucis Trust [formerly Lucifer Publishing, ed.] itself undersaw its distribution. One can count on one hand the number of authors other than Alice and Foster Bailey that Lucis Trust has so honored. Lola Davis believes and evidently Lucis Trust concurs that holographic phenomena will be a very important part of the ‘New World Religion.’ Her book gives that topic nearly half a chapter. [italics mine]
In a technical article written by Noel Huntley, PhD, “A Holographic Universe?,” he connects holographic theory to fractal (quantum) theory:
…by taking a small part of our universe that it (the small part) in itself is holographic… this small part reflects the same characteristics as other parts of the universe, ranging up to the whole…. This is what holographic means: the whole is reflected in any part or subpart…. In holistic systems, all parts are in resonance or coherence, which quantum regenerates the whole.... We are familiar with the philosophical statement, 'As above, so below' which is based on the axiom of Hermeticism, 'What is here is everywhere; What is not here is nowhere'. This again is the holographic property.... Leading physicist David Bohm stresses quantum interconnectedness and unbroken wholeness…. Science writer Fritjof Capra speaks of the universe as a hologram, in which each part determines the whole…. The fractal nature of the world is well established. We know that fractals are self-similar patterns on different dimensional scales. This is clearly a property of the holograph… consciousness could be analysed in terms of fractals, tying in with our other approach of relating consciousness to the learning pattern and in turn with its holographic character. Thus consciousness and freewill are inherently holographic…. The universe is holographic fractally (as opposed to infinitely holographic), for example, the levels, planet, solar system, galaxy, are fractal levels similar to the relationship of wrist, elbow, and shoulder…. What is this holographic background? It would be the true nature of unity. Unity, beyond spacetime, must be intrinsically holographic…. [emphasis mine]
The connections here should be obvious. Quantum spirituality is the very deception that Warren B. Smith warns about in A Wonderful Deception:
It seems clear to me that quantum physics, the “new” biology, and the “new” math of fractal geometry are being used to provide a seemingly scientific basis for “proving” the “as above, so below” contention that God is “in” everything. We are being asked to believe that all of creation is an interconnected quantum field of energy and “oneness” that is “God.”
Marilyn Ferguson, quoting physicist Nick Herbert, explained the New Age view: “Rather it is a ‘simple consequence of the oneness of apparently separate objects… a quantum loophole through which physics admits not merely the possibility but the necessity of the mystic’s unitary vision: ‘We are all one.’”[emphasis added] 
In July of 2007, discernment author Jackie Alnor wrote an Apostasy Alert article called, “Quantum Alchemy,” exposing the "Quantum Leap-2 Conference" co-sponsored by the NAR-affiliated Elijah List. In her article, Alnor expressed concerns that Missler was one of the featured speakers of the event and wondered if he “could be a bridge builder between the two camps… [Calvary Chapel and Kansas City Prophets],” saying:
Missler sharing the stage with mystics and false prophets could stumble many young believers who could assume Missler’s involvement was an endorsement of any and all teaching and actions that might occur. Since the names Chuck Smith and Calvary Chapel were used in the advertising [Missler taught the Bible under Smith for over 25 years], could this be a ploy to draw in unsuspecting Christians to a gathering where deceiving spirits are welcome? ...Will Missler speak up against these dark teachings when he takes the platform or will he go on as if they’re all one big happy family?
That question has been answered.
Chuck Missler is a featured speaker at Future Congress 2011.
A PLANETARY BIRTH
– 1 Timothy 4:1 [emphasis mind]
New Agers are not waiting for Doomsday; they are planning a Birth Day party (see previous Herescope post, New Age Date Setting, for background history). Peace 2012, sponsored by Worldshift Media (futurist Ervin Laszlo) “is a participant-driven event empowering people across the world to synchronize around a single ‘moment of peace’ on December 21st 2012. The goal of Peace 2012 is to create an unprecedented experience of collective coherence and global unity.” The Worldshift Network says that Peace 2012 will be followed by Birth 2012:
What if Dec. 21, 2012 marks the passing of one phase of evolution and Dec. 22, 2012 marks “Day One” of the next epoch of evolution—for the next 26,000 years?... We had our first Earth Day. And Dec. 22, 2012 can be our first Birth Day—a celebration of the emergence of us as a new planetary species—just ready to take our first coordinated breath, open our collective eyes and smile our first planetary smile…. What if this Birth Day celebration, this waking up and synergizing among ourselves, is the vital evolutionary signal—or tipping point—[critical mass] that’s needed to activate the emerging world?... What if this is the Shift of ancient prophecies, and you can help create it? Barbara Marx Hubbard, a futurist and evolutionary thinker, has stepped forward as our prophetic voice for this Day One event…. [emphasis mine]
It seems that New Agers have a vastly different interpretation than Horn to the same ancient prophecies pertaining to 2012. Or do they? With regard to the Doomsday crowd, author and mystic, Aluna Joy Yaxk’in commented, “Many are calling this time ‘The end of days,’ or ‘The end of time.’ The Mayas call the 2012 frenzy a fabrication of the Gringos.” (Doesn't this sound like a set-up for the coming mockers in 2 Peter 3:3 and Jude 1:18, with regard to the LORD’s true end-time plan?)
24 years ago, Christian researcher and founder of the National Research Institute, Kathleen Hayes, covered the 1987 Harmonic Convergence in the July issue of the NRI Trumpet newsletter (see previous Herescope post). Profiling the architect of this event, she noted that Jose Arguelles, mystic and director of the Planet Art Network (PAN), had already projected the Mayan date of December 21, 2012 in his book The Mayan Factor: Path Beyond Technology—bringing the date to mass consciousness at that time. He was also one of the originators of the Earth Day concept. Two noted New Age futurists, Barbara Marx Hubbard, and Willis Harman, also supported the Harmonic Convergence 1987. (Dr. Arguelles didn’t live to see the culmination of his life’s work, Harmonic Convergence 2012; he died in March.)
Citing another Arguelles writing, The Crystal Earth Papers, Hayes report uncovered the double meaning behind his Planet Art Network (PAN): “The emergence of PAN, the Planetary Art Network heralds the return of its namesake, the Great God Pan….” [emphasis mine]
To underscore these observations, Hayes described the planned activities at Harmonic Convergence 1987:
Included in this event will be: pagan ritual, shamans, witches, divination, purification rites, magic, incantations, crystals, chants, the surrender of the will, individual and collective, and the planet to the god Pan—a pseudonym for Satan, the horned god. [emphasis mine]
This entity, specifically “the god Pan,” brings us back to Tom Horn. The latest Horn book is due to debut in July (in time for Future Congress 2011). It is titled Pandemonium’s Engine: How the End of the Church Age, the Rise of Transhumanism and the Coming of the Ubermensch (Overman) Herald Satan’s Imminent and Final Assault on the Creation of God. There is a depiction of Pan on the front cover. Regarding the title, according to Milton, Pandemonium was a place in the center of Hell. This new book features the research of several Future Congress 2011 speakers.
Besides reporting on the significance of the god Pan, Hayes in her Trumpet report identified another god central to the Harmonic Convergence: Quetzalcoatl the plumed (Toltec) serpent god identified with sun worship. To the Mayans he was called Kukulcan.
In his book, Nephilim Stargates, Tom Horn seemed fascinated by this particular pagan god Quetzalcoatl. Excerpting an 8-page passage from his “fictional” book, The Ahriman Gate, Horn envisioned the entity’s return in 2012. Horn derived the name “Ahriman” from the Persian/Zoroastrian mythology that identifies him as the dark “prince over Iraq/Babylon.” Here is a sample:
Quetzalcoatl circled Kevin, closing to within several yards before charging him. The demon raised its ten-foot-wide head and leered into the inebriated eyes…. In a flash Quetzalcoatl clamped his razor-like incisors around his right arm, biting through the tender meat and cutting off the appendage at the shoulder…. Quetzalcoatl leaned forward and smiled, allowing Kevin to focus on the arm piece dangling from his mouth…Trembling with delight, Quetzalcoatl laughed and chewed the mouthful of arm, grinding it in his teeth…. Seconds later, near the ancient altar, he thrust his forked tongue into Kevin’s chest cavity and scooped out his heart, slapping it on the Chacmool with a crimson splash. Flipping the remainder of Kevin’s carcass into his hideously large gullet, he ground the human remains into oblivion….
This highly sensationalized account of a soberly serious subject is not helpful to the lost caught in its deception, nor is it edifying to the believer commanded to flee from darkness. Horn’s intense imagery and endless recounting of ancient gods and mythical creatures, interspersed with biblical verses (and extra-biblical sources), also makes it difficult for the reader (and perhaps Horn himself) to separate fact from fiction, truth from myth. The exceptionally vivid IMAGERY in mythological stories is alluring and seductive. And this is what makes it IDOLATRY. These legends can beguile one into an endless spiral, a search for more and more hidden meanings. But Scripture warns us to "Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do." (1 Tim. 1:4).[emphasis added]
A couple working with Mayan/Olmec shamans in Mexico and Guatemala, Teressena and Martien Bakens (Teressena, a visionary artist, author, and intuitive; Martien, an energy healer, aroma therapist, and alchemist), explain the dark meaning of KuKulKan (Quetzalcoatl), and the prophecies relating to him:
…the ancient Maya were the keepers of the cosmic knowledge and wisdom. They called themselves ‘the people of the serpent’. This description refers to their star-ancestral connection with the constellation of the Pleiades (Tzab-Kan), which is seen in the heavens as the rattle at the end of the tail of the serpent. The serpent itself is the Milky Way. The energy of this cosmic serpent [kundalini] brings the transmission of knowledge and wisdom from the cosmos to the Mayan people…. The ancient Maya were incredible astronomers with profound understandings of the workings of the celestial bodies…. For the first time in 26,000 years, the earth will be closest to the galactic center and the sun will be most closely aligned with what is known as the Dark Rift, or the Black Road of the Milky Way. For the Maya, while the Pleiades represent the tail of the serpent, the Dark Rift represents the mouth of the serpent. Through sacred ceremony, Mayan shamans would enter the serpent’s mouth, traveling through the darkness, until they reached the eternal source of the infinite. In the place of cosmic consciousness they were reborn, coming back through the passage, bringing cosmic knowledge and wisdom to the people…as living conduits of the energy received, bringing these celestial frequencies with them to the earth. When you see the images of the feathered serpent, KuKul-Kaan [Quetzalcoatl], you will see the face of a man emerging from the mouth of the serpent. This is the truly true man, the enlightened one. In this amazing time in which we live, we are about to pass through this Dark Rift. It is an opportunity for all of us to enter into the ocean of cosmic consciousness of the Great Serpent. [emphasis added]
The Bakens’ (and others who follow these prophecies) falsely believe that “the Great Serpent” will lead them on a journey of rebirth:
Life is a continuum, represented by the serpent that eats its own tail, the Ouroboros, reminding us of the continual cycles of death and rebirth that occur time and again. We are passing through one such cycle where the Earth and all her inhabitants are poised for rebirth, recreating a new sense of who we are and our place in the cosmos…. We have been in an incubator, about to emerge and embark on a grand journey beyond 2013.
Tom Horn has a different interpretation (apparently based on Astrology)—and seems to predict a completely different outcome:
Mankind is on course toward unprecedented global upheaval, according to these experts [Christians, New Agers, skeptic & historians], when the earth and all life on it will undergo apocalyptica marked by the end of the “thirteenth baktun” of the Mesoamerican Mayan Long Count [calendar]. The exact end date of this calendar is December 21, 2012, when during the winter solstice at 11:11 GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) the sun will align with the galactic center of the Milky Way galaxy, an event that occurs only every thirteen thousand years. The precession of the equinoxes will conclude a twenty-six-thousand-year cycle, bringing the astrological Age of Pisces to an end and introducing the beginning of Aquarius, when the next cycle begins and the sun rises out of the mouth of the Ouroboros (great serpent of the Milky Way). This is the sun rising in Sagittarius, the centaur with a bow—the symbol for Nimrod coming out from the mouth of Leviathan and the sun “god” rising again—Nimrod/Osiris/Apollo. The Mayans predicted this conjunction, interpreting it as a harbinger of the end of the world as we know it.  [emphasis mine]
So WHO is correct? Is Apocalypse coming in 2012? Or will mankind evolve into a new planetary consciousness? Or will there be some sort of synthesis where future scenarios combine?
As for the End of the Age, The Bible does not set dates—and forbids believers to do so (Acts 1:7; Mk. 13:32; Matt. 24:36). What the LORD wanted us to know, He carefully recorded for us in His book, the Bible. We are instructed—and warned—not to add nor subtract from what is written in Scripture (Deut. 4:2; Rev. 22:18; Prov. 30:5-6). Those who do so will give an account to the LORD.
Divining, decoding or deciphering cryptic meanings from Holy Writ is forbidden territory, as is using extra-biblical sources to formulate doctrine. These errors demonstrate improper hermeneutics (principles for interpreting the text). Rather than executing a proper exegesis (leading out of the text what’s there); Horn engages in eisegesis—reading into the text something that’s not there (see Afterword below). Bible teacher Jacob Prasch has a favored saying to explain this error, “…a text out of context, in isolation from its co-text, is always a pretext.” The Bible commands believers to diligently and rightly divide (accurately handle) God’s Word (2 Tim. 2:15). Scripture alone is sufficient (2 Tim. 3:16). Faith in the Lord demands that we place our trust in God Almighty alone for our future—in this life—and in the next (1 Pet. 1:3-9). We must also be ready to meet the Lord Jesus Christ at any at any moment—regardless of when the End comes (Matt. 24:44).
As for those awaiting a Planetary Pentecost, the Bible says they will perish for not believing in the true God/Man, the Lord Jesus Christ (God in flesh) who became man and died in our place (because of our sin) so that we could be forgiven and live with Him in eternity (Rom. 1:3-4; 1 Cor. 15:1-8; Heb. 2:14-15; Jn. 3:5, 16-19). To their own detriment—and to those who follow their practices— the ancient Maya were Luciferians. Their teachings: a lie. Modern adherents have also rejected the biblical Creator and instead worship “the serpent of old, the devil, Satan" (Gen. 3:1-5; Rev. 12:9).
In an ironic twist, New Ager Aluna Joy Yaxk’in began her chapter in the book 2013! with:
‘The sky is falling! The sky is falling,’ said Chicken Little.... Many metaphysical and intellectual teachers out there are clamoring to align themselves to be the authority on 2012. Everyone wants a piece of the action! There are the books on 2012 and the survival workshops; there are DVDs, CDs and YouTube videos telling you that the sky is falling… there are astrologers, numerologists, meteorologists, geologists, and a whole horde of ‘experts’ telling you why you should buy their stuff, go to their workshops, and how you too need to high tail it for high country.
In these comments, Yaxk’in is correct. Tom Horn is one of these “experts” capitalizing on projected calamity that he is culpable in. Besides the fear he fosters through his many book, radio, and speaking ventures, Horn offers a full line of survivor supplies (including potassium iodide, food rations, terror survival kits, stun guns, and even handcuffs) in the event that his dire predictions come true. His multiple websites resemble the tabloid section of the local grocery store:
Horn’s national conference, Future Congress 2011, will take place in Branson, MO from July 22-24. More information about this event is given on Horn’s publishing blog:
It… includes 3-days of feature presentations and workshops by some of the world’s foremost authorities on a wide range of increasingly demanding topics. The Future Congress was conceived as a result of numerous veteran leaders within ministry, finance, geopolitics, and sociology, witnessing a growing chorus of questions from people just like you concerning the short and long-term aspects of the future of society. From banking and finance to conspiracy, from new technology to the supernatural, from prepping to prophecy, people are concerned about how to adapt and thrive in the days ahead. At “Future Congress,” leading national and international experts, scholars, and researchers will share their specialized knowledge about what you can expect in the coming day, and, more importantly, what you can do to face the future with confidence. [emphasis mine] 
Here are a few of “the world’s foremost authorities” (28 in all) who will be teaming up with Horn and his wife Nita in Branson: Chuck Missler, Gary Stearman, G. Edward Griffin, David Hitt, Noah Hutchings, Doug Woodward, Jim Fletcher, Ray Gano, Chris Pinto, Terry James, Randall Price, and Derek and Sharon Gilbert. Besides Horn himself, many of these individuals have considerable influence in Christian circles through their books, articles, conferences, DVDs, radio and television programs—and the Internet. The same could be said for Horn’s “Watcher” theory; its influence is widespread… and growing.
Even the New Apostolic Reformation (NAR) camp is predicting the visitation of other-worldly beings. Although the 2012 date is not cited, Elijah List “prophet” Paul Cox announced in May that “the Lord revealed” to him that the “Mighty Ones” were coming to earth. He described them as “spiritual beings that look like trees,” have a “supernatural nature” and will bring destruction from the Almighty. Cox also reported that in 2010 “the Lord” had given him this prophecy: “The Lord has awoken up [sic] the Mighty Ones. The nature of spiritual warfare is changing and we must be prepared to battle in new ways.” [emphasis mine] 
In Forbidden Gates, Horns says something very similar:
Facing godlike machines and man’s willingness to cross over species and extradimensional barriers put in place by God, traditional methods of spiritual warfare—which Christian institutions have relied on for the last century—will soon be monumentally impacted in nontraditional ways and insufficient when approaching this threshold. [emphasis mine]
This theme is highlighted in the book’s subtitle: “How Genetics, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Synthetic Biology, Nanotechnology, and Human Enhancement Herald the Dawn of Techno-Dimensional Spiritual Warfare.” Implying that biblical spiritual warfare will be insufficient against these new threats is a way to stir up fear. But Scripture reassures us that
by Dr. Martin Erdmann
The error of using extra-Biblical texts to elucidate Biblical prophecy
In the ante-Nicene age the belief in a literal millennium was one of the most important aspects of Christian eschatology. It was a viewpoint widely held among many early Church Fathers in Asia Minor (modern Turkey), such as Papias, Justin Martyr, Irenaeus, Barnabas, and Tertullian.
One of the most monumental developments in theology occurred when the Roman Catholic Bishop of Hippo, Augustine, published his book De Civitate Dei (The City of God) in the early 5th century AD, addressing diverse topics such as theology proper, Christian philosophy, martyrdom and eschatology. According to a well-established consensus among church historians, Augustine was the most influential of all Church Fathers in the West. More than any of his other books, The City of God set the tone of theological discourse in the Western Church for many centuries to follow, and is even today known for its advocacy of Amillennialism which became the undisputed view of the Roman Catholic Church from then on, justifying its pretensions to supreme earthly power, usually realized and upheld by the edge of the sword. Not even the main Reformators of the 16th century, such as Martin Luther and Johannes Calvin, thought it necessary to challenge the Amillennialism of their ecclesiastical opponents, while simultaneously rejecting the concomitant view that the Kingdom of God was coextensive with the Roman Catholic Church giving the “Mother Church” the exclusive right to dispense forgiveness of sins (absolution; indulgence) and eternal salvation.
Interestingly enough, however, the young Augustine, immediately following his conversion, espoused Premillennialism in accordance with the millennial view of the early Greek Church Fathers. What made him change his opinion on this theological issue in later years was his disgust about the fanciful embellishments in the descriptions of millennial conditions on earth which he found in the writings of the Greek Church Fathers. The problematic aspect in Augustine’s mind was not so much the literal interpretation of Revelation 20:1-10, but the perversion of Christian eschatology by these early Church Fathers. Without exception they referred primarily to extra-biblical sources, mostly to select works of the Jewish Apocalyptic Literature (e.g., The First and Second Book of Enoch, The Secrets of Enoch, 4 Ezra, The Second Book of Baruch and the The Book of Jubilees), in elaborating their millennial views.
The Greek Church Fathers committed the hermeneutical error of claiming that the passages they cited, for example, from I Enoch describing the abundant fruitfulness of mankind (10:17) and of the vegetation (10:18f), and II Baruch 29:5-8 were descriptive of what the Apostle John had in mind when he committed his prophetic vision of the thousand year reign of Christ on earth to writing. It was a classic case of eisegesis, not exegesis; meaning, instead of limiting one’s interpretation of what the canonical text actually says (i.e., exegesis), the commentator refers to extra-biblical sources, in order to arrive at a more elaborate, often twisted, meaning of the text (i.e., eisegesis). This unfortunate hermeneutical procedure had tremendous negative repercussions, as briefly noted above.
In our time some influential Bible expositors are using the same fallacious procedure of referring to the Book of Enoch and other questionable, often esoteric, sources in a vain attempt to elucidate biblical prophecy. The curious apocalyptic vistas they conjure up are so incredibly contrived and bizarre that it seems impossible that any Christian would fall for them.
Unfortunately, this is not the case. Thus, there is the need to expose these false interpretations of Old and New Testament passages dealing with ancient history (e.g., Gen. 6: “Nephilim”) and future events (the end times), as divinely revealed. Tom Horn and company do not deserve to be listened to and taken seriously. Instead of diligently expounding biblical prophecy and explaining the Gospel, they are interested in the mixing of divine truth with the “teachings of demons” (1 Tim. 4:1). All they accomplish is nothing but fear-mongering, partially for pecuniary gain. I can only conclude that they fit, at least to some degree, the Apostle Peter’s portrait of false teachers in his Second Epistle (ch. 2).
Much more could be said in showing that Tom Horn is way out of his league in understanding the scientific side of new technologies which he refers to quite often in his books. However, that is not necessary in coming to grips with his blatant abuse of sound hermeneutical rules, as far as his Bible exposition is concerned.
In closing, I heartily endorse the critical essay Gaylene Goodroad wrote on some of these twisted teachings of the alleged appearance of hybrid beings called “the watchers,” the sightings of UFOs, and alien abductions Tom Horn spreads far and wide. It is well suited to counteract the nefarious influence of so-called Bible prophecy “experts.”
and will turn away their ears from the truth,
and will turn aside to myths.”
—2 Tim. 4:3-4 [emphasis added]
1. CNBC.Com, Apocalypse 2012-Special Report, “FAQ: Apocalypse 2012 Explained”; Apr. 6, 2011; http://www.cnbc.com/id/42253651. Emphasis added.
2. Foundation for the Law of Time, “Timeship Earth 2013”; http://www.lawoftime.org/timeshipearth.html.
3. Ibid; See also: S. Douglas Woodward, Decoding Doomsday: The 2012 Prophecies, the Apocalypse, and the Perilous Days Ahead, Defender Publishing Group, Crane, MO, 2010, pp. 77, 86, 94-99, and 108.
4. Chris Lawson, Spiritual Resource Network (SRN), “Harold Camping Exposed as a False Prophet—Again!”; http://www.spiritual-research-network.com/harold_camping_false_prophet.html; See also: Elizabeth Tenety, The Washington Post Online, “Harold Camping reaffirms October date for the end of the world, says May 21 date was ‘invisible judgment day’”; http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/harold-camping-reaffirms-october-date-for-the-end-of-the-world-says-may-21-date-was-invisible-judgment-day/2011/05/24/AFVsMhAH_story.html.
5. Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible Copyright 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission; pg. 1949.
6. Joe Peterson, Raiders News Update (RNU), “Interview with Thomas Horn, Controversial Author of The Ahriman Gate,” Sept. 10, 2005; http://raidersnewsupdate.blogspot.com/2005/09/interview-with-thomas-horn.html.
7. Thomas R. Horn, Nephilim Stargates: The Year 2012 and the Return of the Watchers, Anomalos Publishing House, Crane, MO, 2007 (Introduction), pg. 1.
8. Nephilim Stargates, pp. 24-27.
9. Ibid., pg. 24.
12. Spiros Zodhiates, The Complete Word Study Old Testament, Warren Baker, D.R.E., Gen. Ed., AMG Publishers, Chattanooga, TN, 1994, pp. 17-18.
13. Ibid, pg. 17 (footnote); pg. 2341.
14. Ibid, Zodhiates OT, pg. 2372; See also: Tom and Nita Horn, Apollyon Rising 2012: The Lost Symbol Found and the Final Mystery of the Great Seal Revealed, Defender Publishing, Crane, MO, pg. 187.
15. NASB, pg. 1833.
16. Zodhiates OT, pg. 83.
17. Pastor Anton Bosch, Anton Bosch Ministries, http://www.antonbosch.com helped to explain these doctrinal points through electronic correspondence.
18. NASB, pg. 2036.
19. Steve Quayle, “Nephilim Giants Prophesied Date of Return,” The Q Factor, realityradionetwork.com; YouTube; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mcnafAag8g; See also: a 5-hour DVD set of the entire radio program with Quayle on Horn’s website entitled, “As it was in the Days of Noah: Return of the Nephilim” (the DVD jacket depicts a UFO “Alien Gray”); http://survivormall.com/asitwasinthedaysofnoahthereturnofthenephilim.aspx.
20. Dr. Cathy Burns with Kelly McGinley, YouTube video, “Nephilim, Fallen Angels and Alien: What Does the Bible Say?”; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vCC_NHuTuc, Apr. 17, 2008, Video# 4 of 12; 6:33-7:18 minute mark.
21. Nephilim Stargates, pg. 131.
22. Tom and Nita Horn, Forbidden Gates: How Genetics, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Synthetic Biology, Nanotechnology, And Human Enhancement Herald the Dawn of Techno-Dimensional Spiritual Warfare, Defender Publishing, Crane, MO, 2010, pg. 266.
23. Mind Science News, “The Singularity is Near: The End of Time as We Have Known it,” May 17, 2010; http://news.pillaicenter.com/archives/127.
24. Warren B. Smith, False Christ Coming: Does Anybody Care?, Mountain Stream Press, Silverton, OR, 2011, pg. 100.
25. Thomas R. Horn, RNU, Letter Forward, “An Open Letter to Christian Leaders on Biotechnology and the Future of Man,” Sept. 14, 2010; http://www.raidersnewsupdate.com/leadstory94.htm.
26. Herescope post, Fri., Feb. 10, 2006; “The Brave New Breed: Creatures in Pursuit of Autonomous Perfection”; http://herescope.blogspot.com/2006/02/brave-new-breed-creatures-in-pursuit.html. See also Dr. Erdmann's article "Salvation Through Technology: Creating A Posthuman New Breed," 4/23/11: http://herescope.blogspot.com/2011/04/salvation-through-technology.html.
28. Horn Open Letter (just before the Postscript).
29. Nephilim Stargates, pp. 132-133.
30. Zodhiates OT, (Hebrew/Chaldee Dictionary at the end of the book), pg. 27.
31. Ibid, pg. 25.
32. Apollyon Rising, pp. 138, 193.
33. Ibid, pg. 301.
34. Ibid, pp. 305-306.
35. Ibid, pg. 139.
36. Spiros Zodhiates, The Complete Word Study New Testament (KJV), AMG Publishers, Chattanooga, TN, 1991; Greek Dictionary of the New Testament (back of book), pg. 25.
37. Rabbi Lapin gave a speech at Glenn Beck’s “Divine Destiny” event in Aug. 2010; http://www.rabbidaniellapin.com/blog/2010/kennedy-center-speech-for-glenn-becks-divine-destiny-event-82710/.
38. SuvivorMall website http://survivormall.com/DecodingDoomsday.aspx.
39. Decoding Doomsday, pp. 223, 226.
40. Ibid, pp. 226-229.
41. Ibid, pp. 228-229.
42. Ibid, pp. 231-232.
43. Dr. Cathy Burns, “Tom Horn’s Apollyon Rising: 2012: Critique by Dr. Cathy Burns”; (Click link; document opens in WORD); http://www.libertytothecaptives.net/burns_critique_horn.html.
45. YouTube video, (Missler lecture), “Ancient Alien Nephilim, Giants, Mutants, Genetic Engineering, and Hybrids”; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa5mJ2lmVB4&annotation_id=annotation_542171&feature=iv.
46. Socio-Economics History Blog Video, “Chuck Missler & Tom Horn: The Endtimes Strong Delusion! Official UFO-Alien Disclosure, Prepare for Contact!: Official Disclosure of Alien Life Imminent,” Hour 1, Part 1; http://socioecohistory.wordpress.com/2011/01/15/chuck-missler-tom-horn-the-endtimes-strong-delusion-official-ufo-alien-disclosure-prepare-for-contact/.
47. Tom Horn, Google video, “Nephilim Stargates: The Year 2012 and the Return of the Watchers,” Roswell, NM, July 2007; http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8794230342213856933#.
49. Chuck Missler, “Quantum Teleporting, Part 2: Our Holographic Universe,” Koinonia House website, http://www.khouse.org/articles/2002/398/print/; See also, YouTube video, “Chuck Missler: Holography,” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaKS0Egq-1c&feature=related; Also, Missler’s books, Cosmic Codes and Alien Encounters (published by Horn) are available on Horn’s website; http://survivormall.com/AlienEncounters.aspx, and http://survivormall.com/ChuckMisslerCosmicCodes.aspx. Also note: Besides acting as a chief fear-monger during the Y2K deception, (http://www.apologeticsindex.org/an981009.html#29); without repentance, (http://www.khouse.org/articles/2000/570/); Other unbiblical teachings: Missler was disinvited/disfellowshiped by the organizers of the 2009 Great Lakes Prophecy Conference in Appleton, WI, because of a troublesome book that he wrote with his wife, Nancy. TA McMahon (The Berean Call) publicly read a statement regarding this matter which stated that several notable Christian brothers spent months counseling Missler to repent and remove his heretical teaching manual from his teaching/ministry—to no avail. See also: (The 2009 Great Lakes Prophecy Conference, Appleton, WI, “The Writing is on the Wall,” DVD package; www.ccappleton.org. [Ed. Note: the author was an attendee.] The book in question, The Kingdom, Power, and Glory: The Overcomers Handbook, advocates what McMahon called “a Protestant Purgatory.” This book is still carried on the Koinonia House website (http://store.khouse.org/store/catalog/BK150.html?mv_pc=KHAR-981).
50. Marilyn Ferguson, The Aquarian Conspiracy, Personal and Social Transformation in Our Time, Tarcher/Penguin Group (USA), New York, NY, 1980, pp. 184-185.
51. Constance Cumbey, A Planned Deception: The Staging of a New Age “Messiah,” E-book, pdf; https://public.me.com/cumbey.
52. Noel Huntley, PhD, “A Holographic Universe?”; http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~noelh/Holographic_universe.htm; See also, “A Fractal Matrix,”; http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~noelh/BasicModel_Part%20I.htm.
53. Warren B. Smith, A Wonderful Deception: The Further New Age Implications of the Emerging Purpose Driven Movement, Lighthouse Trails Publishing, Silverton, OR, 2009, pg. 154. See also Herescope posts regarding fractal and quantum spirituality such as http://herescope.blogspot.com/2010/10/quantum-physics-and-new-spirituality.html; http://herescope.blogspot.com/2010/10/uncertainty-principle.html; http://herescope.blogspot.com/2010/10/fractal-emergence.html and http://herescope.blogspot.com/2010/10/force-be-with-you.html.
54. Aquarian Conspiracy, pg. 175.
55. Jackie Alnor, “Quantum Alchemy,” Apostasy Alert, June 19, 2007; http://www.apostasyalert.org/REFLECTIONS/quantum.htm.
57. Spiros Zodhiates, The Complete Word Study New Testament (KJV), AMG Int’l, Inc., Chattanooga, TN, 1991, pg. 692.
58. WorldShift Media (Peace2012.net); http://worldshiftmedia.org/#/peace-2012/4549823674.
59. WorldShift Network; http://shiftnetwork.infusionsoft.com/go/2012a/WSM.
60. Jim Young [Ed.], 2013! The Beginning is Here, O Books, Winchester, UK, Washington, USA, 2011, Aluna Joy Yaxk’in, (Ch. 13), “2012-The Great Equalizer,” pp. 11, 187.
61. Kathleen Hayes, NRI Trumpet, “New Agers to Surrender Planet August 16-17,” Aurora, CO , July 1987, Vol. 1, No.5. See Herescope post "New Age Date Setting," 6/8/11, which republished Hayes' article: http://herescope.blogspot.com/2011/06/new-age-date-setting.html
62. 2013!, “Contributing Authors, Dr. Jose Arguelles, pg. 7.
63. NRI Trumpet, “The Horn God Pan is Patron of Witches.” This article was not republished on Herescope, but concerning Pan it explained that "the Satanic Bible, under the heading "Infernal names,' lists Pan as 'the Greek god of lust who was relegated to devildom.' Also, any witch will readily admit that most covens are worshippers of Pan.... Moreover, witches and magicians will confess that the invocations and rituals they perform generate a force or power [wavelength] in the spirit or person of Pan...."
64. Jose’ Arguelles Obituary, Legacy.com; http://www.legacy.com/ns/obituary.aspx?n=jose-arguelles&pid=150009291.
67. RNU’s “Today’s Top Raids,” http://www.raidersnewsupdate.com; Compare book cover with: http://anatheimp.blogspot.com/2009/12/pan-in-anger.html.
68. Wiktionary; http://wiktionary.org/wiki/Pand%C3%A6monium.
69. Among the Future Congress 2011 speakers featured in Horn’s upcoming book are Tom and Nita Horn, Chuck Missler, Gary Stearman, Noah Hutchings, Sharon Gilbert, and Doug Woodward. Noted Canadian researcher Carl Teichrib, (editor of the Forcing Change online publication), although not featured at Future Congress 2011, is a Pandemonium’s Engine collaborating author; http://survivormall.com/PandemoniumsEngine.aspx.
70. NRI Trumpet, “New Agers Surrender.”
71. Apollyon Rising 2012, pp. 66-67; See also: Forbidden Gates, pp. 22-23.
72. Nephilim Stargates, pp. 108-115.
73. 2013!, “Contributing Authors,” Martien and Teressena Bakens, pg. 11.
74. Ibid, (Ch. 10), “The Teachings of the Serpent and Mayan Prophecy,” pp. 148-150.
75. Ibid, pg. 155.
76. Apollyon Rising 2012, pp. 305-306.
77. Pastor Larry Debruyn, Guarding His Flock Ministries, http://www.guardinghisflock.com, was helpful in defining these terms in a private correspondence.
78. James Jacob Prasch, “’Pseudodidaskaloi’: Bible Butchery”; Moriel Ministries; http://www.moriel.org/pfp/discernment/church_issues/pseudodidaskaloi.htm.
79. 2013!, Yaxk’in, pp. 185, 188.
80. Jim Fletcher, WorldNetDaily (WND) commentator (and Future Congress 2011 speaker), wrote an article for WND on June 14, 2009, entitled “The war of words over Israel.” Profiling Horn he said, “Another independent experiencing real success in a fragile market is Tom Horn, president of Defender Publishing in Springfield, Mo. Two years ago, Horn brought his marketing background from the West Coast and settled down in the heartland, where he found many authors frustrated with traditional publishing options. 'Over the years I discovered many authors had a passion to write, had labored over an important work, but couldn't get a full-service publisher to financially risk publishing their book,' Horn said. Horn's efforts have paid off for several authors, including Bill Salus, whose 'Isralestine: The Ancient Blueprints of the Future Middle East' has created a sensation in the Bible prophecy community. Many thousands of authors have discovered too late that most mainstream book publishers don't do any real promotion; they rely on the author's platform for that, or, even better, a lightning strike such as an appearance on 'Oprah.' Horn saw the folly in that years ago. Defender does issue standard royalty-based contracts, but the partnering method, in which authors purchase a set amount upfront, has paid off handsomely for both authors and the publisher” [emphasis mine, links deleted]; http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=100912.
81. Tom Horn was given an commentary exclusive on WorldNetDaily (WND) on Dec. 19, 2006, (to promote his disaster preparedness online superstore, survivormall.com), “The good news about imminent disaster”; http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53424; Also note: On Aug. 31, 2009, WND ran a story, “’Preppers’ get ready for the worst : Movement to stockpile for emergency at all-time high,” to promote Horn’s book, How to Overcome the Most Frightening Issues You Will face This Century, (also available at WND); http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=108555.
82. Defender Publishing blogsite, January 25, 2011, “Experts say, ‘it’s the one to be at in 2011!’”; http://defenderpublishing.blogspot.com/. Note the emphasis on "future." This fascination with alternative future scenarios is not new. Herescope ran a series of posts back in the Fall of 2005 about a series of consultations by evangelical leaders "Evangelicals Face the Future." See, for example, http://herescope.blogspot.com/2005/10/evangelicals-club-of-rome.html; http://herescope.blogspot.com/2005/10/why-evangelicals-became-futurists.html and the more recent article: http://herescope.blogspot.com/2010/09/concocting-great-awakening.html.
83. Complete schedule of Future Congress 2011: http://futurecongress.com/schedule/.
84. Nita Horn bio: http://futurecongress.com/speakers/nita-horn/.
85. Gary Steaman bio; http://futurecongress.com/speakers/gary-stearman/; Also: Stearman co-hosts the Prophecy in the News program with J.R. Church (Tom Horn is a frequent guest); (http://www.prophecyinthenews.com/forbidden-gates-genetic-tampering-and-the-days-of-noah/); Also note: Stearman’s new book, Time Travelers of the Bible (published by Horn), will be released in early July ( in time for Future Congress 2011); See: http://www.raidersnewsupdate.com. Also: Horn offers a 3-hour DVD on his website of an interview Stearman did with Horn and LA Marzulli entitled, “The Alien Agenda: UFOs, The Nephilim and the Fall of Lucifer,” (the DVD jacket depicts a UFO “Alien Gray,”); http://survivormall.com/giantsandtheahrimangate-1.aspx.
86. G. Edward Griffin bio; http://futurecongress.com/speakers/g-edward-griffin/; Also: Griffin recently appeared on the Glenn Beck program http://www.raidersnewsupdate.com/archives.htm.
87. David Hitt bio: http://futurecongress.com/speakers/david-hitt/.
88. Rev. Noah Hutchings bio: http://futurecongress.com/speakers/noah-hutchings/; Also: Hutchings interviewed Tom Horn regarding GRIN technologies on the Dec. 30, 2009 broadcast of Southwest Radio Church (SWRC); http://www.swrc.com/ministry/schedule/archives2009b.html; Also note: Hutchings’ endorsement of Horn appears on Horn’s RNU website (left sidebar), “Thomas Horn is doing a tremendous job of bringing forth information that is not only current… but of great prophetic importance”; http://www.raidersnewsupdate.com/leadstory68.htm; See also: Hutchings’ article entitled, “Transhumanism from Noah to Noah,” was published in the SWRC Prophetic Observer in May; article description: “Modern science has been studying DNA and chromosomes for years. Some scientists believe they have the technology to manipulate DNA and chromosomes in humans to extend human life for hundreds of years. Noah Hutchings goes back to the book of Genesis to trace Satan's counterfeit plan for eternal life and what the hope of Christians should be in this current age”; http://www.swrc.com/bookstore/po/po.html.
89. Doug Woodward bio: http://futurecongress.com/workshops/doug-woodward/; Woodward’s new book, Black Sun, Blood Moon, published by Horn (also Foreword written by Horn), will be released in early July (in time for Future Congress 2011); See: http://www.raidersnewsupdate.com.
90. Jim Fletcher bio; http://futurecongress.com/workshops/jim-fletcher/; Also: Fletcher is a regular commentator for WorldNetDaily (WND), and a member of an apologetics group called Prophecy Matters; http://www.prophecymatters.com/; Also note: Fletcher wrote a favorable review to Forbidden Gates Jan. 18 (published in WND), entitled “Time Travelers from Other Planets…or from Hell?”, calling it a “landmark book.”: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=252529; his endorsement of Horn appears on Horn’s RNU website (left sidebar), “…Horn, [is] a key figure in the modern bible prophecy movement…”; http://www.raidersnewsupdate.com/leadstory68.htm.
91. Ray Gano bio: http://futurecongress.com/workshops/ray-gano/; Also: Gano’s new book, Survive the Coming Storm (published by Horn), will be released in early July (in time for FC 2011); See: http://www.raidersnewsupdate.com.
92. Chris Pinto bio: http://futurecongress.com/speakers/chris-pinto/; Also: Pinto wrote a 24-page Preface to Apollyon Rising 2012, pp. 3-27, and contributed a chapter to Horn’s How to Overcome the Most Frightening Issues You Will Face This Century; http://survivormall.com/howtoovercomethemostfrighteningissuesyouwillfacethiscentury.aspx.
93. Terry James bio: http://futurecongress.com/speakers/terry-james/; Also: James’ new book, Demonomics (published by Horn), will be released in early July (in time for Future Congress 2011); See: http://www.raidersnewsupdate.com.
94. Randall Price bio: http://futurecongress.com/speakers/randall-price/.
95. Derek Gilbert bio: http://futurecongress.com/workshops/derek-gilbert/; Sharon Gilbert bio: http://futurecongress.com/workshops/sharon-gilbert/; Also the Gilberts endorsment on the cover of Forbidden Gates reads: “Tom and Nita Horn have written an unprecedented expose, which every person of faith needs to understand. How human-transforming technologies will soon radically alter what it means to be human… and with it… the rules for spiritual engagement, is something people will neglect at their own peril.” [emphasis mine] The kind of “spiritual engagement” they’re referring to would be the topic of another article.
96. Jim Fletcher, WorldNetDaily (WND) commentator (and Future Congress 2011 speaker), wrote a favorable review to Apollyon Rising 2012 on Dec. 8, 2009 (published in WND) entitled, “Was America founded with seeds of the occult?, saying, “Simply put, he [Tom Horn] provides a tremendous amount of research but presents it in an understandable writing style that makes this book accessible to the widest possible audience”; http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=118332.
97. ElijahList website, Paul L. Cox, “The Mighty Ones Are Coming,” May 26, 2011; http://www.elijahlist.com/words/display_word.html?ID=9918. Of course, the New Apostolic Reformation (with its Latter Rain cult roots) has as one of its major themes The New Breed which has ominous parallels to the topics in this article. See the series that ran on Herescope in 2006, which includes articles such as: http://herescope.blogspot.com/2006/02/new-breed-defined.html; http://herescope.blogspot.com/2006/02/history-of-new-breed.html and http://herescope.blogspot.com/2006/02/brave-new-breed-creatures-in-pursuit.html
98. Forbidden Gates, Preface, pg. xvii.
99. NASB, pg. 1962.
100. Millennialism (from millennium, Latin for "thousand years"), or chiliasm in Greek, is a belief held by some Christian denominations that there will be a Golden Age or Paradise on Earth in which "Christ will reign" for 1000 years prior to the final judgment and future eternal state (the "World to Come" of the New Heavens and New Earth). This belief is derived primarily from the Book of Revelation 20:1-6. Millennialism as such is a specific form of Millenarianism.
101. doctrine of the final events in history
102. See, http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/1201.htm
103. the doctrine of God
104. Amillennialism teaches that the Kingdom of God will not be physically established on earth throughout the "millennium".
105. Premillennialism in Christian end-times theology is the belief that Jesus will literally and physically be on the earth for his millennial reign, at his second coming. The doctrine is called premillennialism because it holds that Jesus’ physical return to earth will occur prior to the inauguration of the millennium.
106. See footnote 80.
*A special thanks to Pastor Larry DeBruyn, Pastor Anton Bosch, Sarah Leslie and Dr. Martin Erdmann of the Discernment Research Group for all of their input and assistance with this article.
Gaylene Goodroad is the author of My Life In 'THE WAY' about the Eastern paths to mysticism, available as an online book by going to her blog: http://mylifeintheway.blogspot.com
Dr. Martin Erdmann studied theology in Columbia, SC (Master of Divinity), Basel, Switzerland and Aberdeen, Scotland (Master of Theology). In 1999, he was awarded a doctoral degree in modern Church History at Brunel University, Uxbridge, England. For four years he lectured in the NT department of the STH Basel (State-independent Theological Seminary). As a senior scientist he was involved in a research project (Clinical Nanomedicine) at the University Hospital in Basel for five years. From 2003 to 2010 he was Professor of Biblical Studies at Patrick Henry College, Virginia (distance education), and he was chairman of the NT Studies and modern Church History departments at the Academy for Reformation Theology for the past five years. In 2004 he became the founding director of the Verax Institute and has a website http://nuntia.de/. Dr. Erdmann is considered one of the world's foremost authorities on the nanotechnology and transhumanism movement. He wrote "Salvation Through Technology: Creating A Posthuman New Breed, published on Herescope 4/23/11: http://herescope.blogspot.com/2011/04/salvation-through-technology.html. He is the author of several books: Building the Kingdom of God Earth: The Churches' Contribution to Marshal Public Support for World Order and Peace, 1919-1945 which is about earlier attempts at Dominionism, and The Millennial Controversy in the Early Church.